Sunday, February 22, 2009

The last month....

I can hardly believe it!! Tomorrow I start my 34th week, which really is the final stretch of my pregnancy. I am a bundle of emotions. On one hand I am humbled and feel such reverence for this miracle that I get to enjoy. Having a life growing inside of me is the most amazing thing I have ever personally experienced. I marvel that he moves and responds to my every move...nourishment, exercise, sound, touch. I love having someone that is a part of me and understand so much more the motherly bond and actions of my mother, my grandmother, great grandmother, etc. It is truly something that is helping me to connect with the great women who gave me life. The strange thing is, I might even miss being pregnant. But I also have to be real....while I've had an excellent and healthy pregnancy, I am now uncomfortable, tired of the acne, feel like I'm one ginourmous sausage (especially days when my feet swell to capacity), can no longer move like I used to (my gait is often slow and watching me bend over or reach for things is comical) and sometimes struggle with food or breath (because there is absolutely no room in my chest cavity)!!!...and can we talk about my brain?! It is like I speak another language! Word recall and my ability to speak proper grammar is at an all time low. Jay used to say the way I speak was called "Buckish." It's my own personal dialect of the English Language, but now we have a new term and it is called Pruckish (A mix of pregnant brain with Buck). Even I have to laugh at myself. It is like "invasion of the body snatchers." Thank goodness I have such a patient and loving husband. Everyday I thank God that Jay is my partner, my lover and my friend. He has been simply amazing. And speaking of God, "my cup runneth over. " God has blessed me with so much. I feel like one of the luckiest women on the planet right now and am so excited for the journey ahead. Many thanks to all of my family and friends. The love and generosity that all of you have shown me makes all of the difference in the universe and I can't wait to share our little one with you...so let the count down begin. Let me know just when you predict He will come. The one who is closest can change the first dirty diaper!!!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Every time I think of you having a baby I can't help but be unbelievably happy for you. You of all people deserve to experience this miracle and life altering moment. You are getting so close to the day! I predict (for your sake) that he comes 1 week early. If I'm right too bad I won't be close enough to change that dirty diaper:) Miss you guys!

Nanette Hirschi said...

Stacey I just found your blog and am so excited!! Can I just say you have the cutest belly:) I never looked that good. You are beautiful! Miss and love you!

Ginger said...

So close! So close! We are so excited to meet him!

Unknown said...

We can't wait to see the new little Bartletti. Good Luck Stacey, we will be thinking about you.

Susy